Hauser, John M. III, Esq.
Attorney Hauser was born and raised in Latrobe and is an integral part of Westmoreland County's legal community. After graduating from Greater Latrobe High School in 1997, he subsequently attended Westminster College, where he graduated cum laude in 2001, attaining a Bachelor of Science Degree in the double-majors of Economics and Political Science. In 2004, Attorney Hauser received his Juris Doctorate from The Law School at Duquesne University and he is admitted to practice before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Attorney Hauser is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Westmoreland Bar Association, and the American Inns of Court. In conjunction with these affiliations, Attorney Hauser serves on the Westmoreland Bar Association Planning Committee, serves on the Board of the Ned J. Nakles Chapter of the American Inns of Court, and serves as Chairman of the Explorer's Committee of the Westmoreland Bar Association. Attorney Hauser volunteers as the Attorney Advisor to the Derry Area High School Mock Trial Team and is also a part time adjunct professor at the University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg. Additionally, he is a member of Holy Family Parish in Latrobe and has volunteered with Westmoreland County Pro Bono Assistance program in every year since his admission to practice law.
After practicing in Latrobe for more than 6 years and Greensburg for more than 2 years, Attorney Hauser returned his practice to his hometown of Latrobe, where he founded Latrobe Law Associates, LLC. Continuing to practice primarily in the areas of family law, criminal law, estate planning, personal injury, and small business organization, John is committed to personal attention to each of his cases, to solving problems for his clients, and to treating all of his clients fairly.
Verdicts and Settlements:
Attorney Hauser has personally tried and or/settled numerous products liability and personal injury cases, including causes of action for a mis-filled prescription causing illness, defective medical devices causing pain, as well as defective mechanisms including a $265,000 settlement against the undisclosed manufacturer of a defective carbon monoxide detector. He also regularly handles dog-bite, automobile, and other personal injury actions. In addition to personal injury cases, Attorney Hauser also represents clients in litigation for property damage and contract disputes. In a suit for the loss of a thoroughbred horse, obtained a settlement of more than seven times the price that was paid for the horse one-year prior to its loss.
Attorney Hauser represent persons in need in the areas of personal injury, family law, wills and estate administration, and DUI/criminal law defense. If you have an issue in an area of law that I do not handle, I will be happy to refer you to one of my trusted colleagues to ensure that you have trustworthy, reliable representation.
- Family Law 40%
- General Litigation 40%
- Estate Planning & Probate 20%
- Custody & Visitation
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Business Organization
- American Inns of Court, Ned J. Nakles Chapter, President, 2016 to 2018
- Westmoreland Bar Association Litigation, Family Law, and Criminal Law Committees, 2011 to 2011
- Westmoreland Bar Association Planning Committee, 2011 to 2011
- Treasurer of Young Lawyers' Committee, 2011 to 2011
- Treasurer and Past-Chairman of Young Lawyers Committee, 2010 to 2010
- Delegate to the Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates, 2008 to 2010
- Westmoreland Bar Association, Chairman of the Explorers Committee, 2008 to 2008
- Delta Theta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 2005
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Juris Doctorate - 2004
- Westminster College
- B.S. - 2001
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Economics
- Major: Political Science